About the event
Ground Engineering is delighted to bring you the 16th Basements and Underground Structures Conference; the only event which explores the design and delivery of underground spaces.
Whether you are interested in the infrastructure, commercial or residential sectors, the event will give you expert knowledge, best practice from major projects and networking with innovative clients, contractors and designers.
Over the course of the event, you will get updates on sustainability, climate change adaptation, resilience and risk management, ground improvement, urbanisation, and infrastructure development. You'll learn about the latest designs, solutions being employed, and participate in discussions on key issues such as retrofit, carbon reduction, and labor shortage.
We are delighted to be physically bringing the industry back together in 2023 and Basements and Underground Structures will be located with our Smart Geotechnics conference. Passes give you access to both events.
Basements and Underground Structures is designed to bring together those working on a diverse range of projects, in sectors including infrastructure, commercial and residential, to share best practice, discuss industry challenges and enjoy extensive networking. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to have your pressing questions answered:
- What is the outlook for underground space construction over the next five years?
- What does government planning to fund infrastructure projects look like for the years to come?
- How is technology influencing basement design and our capabilities?
- How can we reduce embedded carbon in our projects?
- What does the future of the main contractor-led model look like, and will specialists continue to lead more basement projects?
- How can we encourage new talent while retaining existing staff in the geotechnical industry?
- What impact will inflation have on our projects and how can the effects be minimised?
- How are major projects such as HS2 shaping up and what will the next generation of mega basements look like?
- What are the lessons learned from failures and how can we apply that in our projects moving forward?
- Will there be more basement construction opportunities outside of London in the medium-term or will a new generation of deep London basements be the main industry driver?
Who should attend?
Our audience is made up of senior decision-makers and geotechnical and projects leads, including clients, Tier 1 contractors, specialists and designers. The event forms a unique gathering for those driving forward major projects in all sectors.
Victoria Park Plaza
239 Vauxhall Bridge Rd